Health & Safety
The personal safety and health of each employee of this company is of primary importance at all working locations. The prevention of occupationally induced injuries and illnesses is of such consequence that it will be given priority over operating productivity where necessary. We are dedicated to identifying, correcting and preventing health, safety, and environmental hazards that could adversely affect our employees, customers or the general public.
We will maintain a health, safety, environment (HSE) program conforming to the best practices of organizations of this type. To be successful, such a program must start with proper attitudes toward injury and illness prevention on the part of both supervisors and employees. It also requires cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between supervisor and employee, but also between each employee and his or her co-workers. Only through such a cooperative effort can a safety program for all employees be established and preserved in their best interests.
The objective of our company HSE Program is to reduce work-related incidents (thereby injuries) and illness. HSE will be promoted in every task undertaken by employees on behalf of the company.
Our HSE Program will include:
- Company-wide HSE policies requiring every employee of the company to comply with these policies as a condition of employment
- Implementation of a program for conducting routine HSE inspections to identify and eliminate unsafe working conditions or practices and control health hazards
- Training all employees in good safety and health practices
- Providing necessary personal protective equipment and instruction for its use and care by all employees
- Providing mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible
- Developing and enforcing safety and health rules and requiring that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment
- Investigating every accident, promptly and thoroughly, to find out what caused it and to correct the problem to reduce the likelihood of it reoccurring
We recognize that sound environmental policy makes business sense. Our company is committed to delivering safe, reliable services in an environmentally responsible manner to the clients that we serve. We are committed to pollution prevention, the conservation of resources, and the continual improvement of our environmental management systems and performance.
We are committed to:
- Compliance with all levels of environmental legislation, regulations, and accepted standards of environmental protection
- Providing Information on key environmental issues related to company operations to our clients
- Supporting community-oriented environmental initiatives and programs
- Providing employees with instruction on the proper response procedures for spilled materials and appropriate training on the materials available for use, proper waste disposal, and communication procedures. Petro-Line will provide all information necessary and appropriate training to make informed decisions, and ensuring all employees recognize and understand their responsibility to follow Petro-line Construction Group’s environmental policies and procedures
- Updating our Environmental Policy on a regular basis; and setting environmental targets, objectives, and programs accordingly
Petro-Line Upgrading Services Ltd. is committed to a culture of quality. We are dedicated to providing the best possible products and services for our clients by encompassing an integrated quality management system that endeavors to achieve continual repeat business for our satisfied customers.
We strive to achieve this by:
- Promoting an understanding of our customers’ needs and expectations, together with a culture of exceeding customer expectations, and advocating for the best interests of our customers’ needs even if it does not result in immediate benefits to Petro-Line.
- Promoting the understanding that even though there will be many contractors on any given job site, that the best results are achieved when all work as a team towards a common goal.
- Developing seamless processes by fully integrating the services provided by our suppliers and partners.
- Providing training, either internal or external, to employees with the aim of achieving the highest level of competency possible at all levels throughout the company.
- Ensuring that every PETROSLEEVE manufactured meets our established tolerances prior to being delivered to our customer.
- Monitoring our performance through performance metrics in order to continually improve our processes and services.
- Utilizing our quality management system for all company processes.
At Petro-Line, we take great pride in giving back to the communities and industry where we live and work. We are also very proud of our many employees who make a difference in their community and supporting charities.
Community involvement and giving back is a important part of our corporate identity and culture. Over the past 40+ years, Petro-Line has invested both time and monetary support to numerous local organizations and charities, events, and children’s sports teams. Petro-Line has participated in and supported a wide variety of fundraising activities over the years.
We are very proud of our accomplishments as General Contractors and Construction Managers, we are equally proud of our community involvement, charity support and and our people who devote hours to volunteering and giving back.
Petro-Line and/or our employees have been proud to have supported the following Charities and community programs in the past and present:
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Alberta Cancer Foundation
- MS Society of Canada
- Alzheimer Society Canada
- STARS Air Ambulance
- Enbridge® Ride to Conquer Cancer®
- Edmonton Food Bank
- Leduc Food Bank
- Win for Skin
- Habitat for Humanity
- Leduc Minor Hockey Association
- Local Sporting Events and Teams
- Construction of local Playground